Major Biomes Map
- Key Words: soil biomes, global climate map
- About the Map: The Global Biomes map is based on a combination of soil moisture regimes and soil temperature regimes.
- Possible Uses of the Map: Useful for teachers and students who are interested in the global distribution of major soil climate types.
Climate change modelers may be able to use the data for small scale analysis.
- Source: Soil climate map, USDA-NRCS, Soil Science Division, World Soil Resources, Washington D.C.
- Data Aggregation and Reliability: The Soil Biomes map data is rasterized on a 2 minute grid cell.
- Data Definitions: Data is classes by combinations of soil moisture regime and soil temperature regimes using common terminology.
- Data Disclaimer: Country boundaries are not authoritative.
- Database Manager: Paul Reich, Geographer, World Soil Resources. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Map Production Information
- Map Identification: biomes.jpg
- Production Date: 1999
- Geographic Coverage: Global
- Projection: Geographic
- Minimum Scale: 1:5,000,000
This page last updated on September 8, 2003.
< Back to Map Index